YUE HWA BUILDING

Yue Hwa Building is a historic building located at the junction of Eu Tong Sen Street and Upper Cross Street in Chinatown, Singapore. Built by Swan and Maclaren in 1936, it was then the tallest building in Chinatown and was known as Nam Tin Building, owned by Lum Chang Holdings.

The building housed the six-storey Great Southern Hotel (the first Chinese hotel with a lift), along with a few shops and cabarets that were popular among Chinese travellers.

In 1993, Lum Chang Holdings sold the building to Hong Kong businessman Yu Kwok Chun, who converted it to the first Yue Hwa Chinese Products department store in Singapore in 1994. 

The renovation process, which conserved the exterior while adding features such as an atrium and waterfall to the interior, won the building, the Architectural Heritage Award by the Urban Redevelopment Authority in 1997.

 

ColorGraze MX Powercore

Premium linear exterior LED wall grazing fixture with intelligent color light.

Features the most light output in our line of color-changing LED grazing fixtures, for high-intensity multi-story façade and surface illumination. Low-profile housing, connectorized cabling, a universal power input range, and direct line-voltage operation make fixtures easy to install and operate.

 

More Info

 

 

 

 

More Info